Mobile and Specialist Equine Vets in the South West & South Wales
B&W Equine Vets is one of the largest specialist equine practices in the South West. We have a diverse team of highly qualified vets who are committed to providing the best care for your horse, pony or donkey and offer a dedicated ambulatory and referral service 24/7.
From each of our four branches, Breadstone, Cardiff, Failand and Willesley we offer an experienced ambulatory service and our fully equipped equine hospital offers a range of referral services complete with on-site laboratory services
8:30am - 6:30pm Monday - Friday
8:30am - 12:30pm Saturday (Breadstone and Failand only)
Please note Bank Holiday and seasonal opening hours may apply.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR CLIENTS TRAVELLING TO THE B&W EQUINE HOSPITAL
The A38 Berkeley bridge will be closed from 14th- 23rd February in both directions. The turning onto Breadstone Lane will also be closed. If you are travelling to and from the Equine Hospital during this time, either for a scheduled appointment or in an emergency, please be aware that there will be a diversion in place which will affect your journey.
** There are further roadworks scheduled on the B4066 from Monday 20th February - Wednesday 21st February **
We advise clients coming from North and South to use the following route where possible: (Please be aware there is an arched railway bridge on this route which measures 3.95 metres)
- Take junction 14 on the M5 and travel northwards on the A38
- Turn left onto Alkington Lane (by Applegates Coaches)
- Turn left onto the B4066
- Take the second exit on the roundabout to stay on the B4066
- Take the third exit on the roundabout onto Station Road
- Continue on Station Road to the Salmon Inn
- Opposite the Salmon Inn turn right onto Halmore Lane
- Follow Halmore Lane for 2 miles
- Arrive at B&W Equine Hospital on your right hand side
- Please use the main Hospital drive (second Hospital turning, signposted Equine Hospital) unless you have an emergency colic patient in which case please use the first Hospital turning (signposted Equine Clinic and Colic Centre).
In you have any concerns please call the Breadstone Hospital on 01453 811867. Thank you for your patience.